Mobile Field Service App
If your company manages a mobile workforce, you’ve probably experienced challenges like inconsistent schedules, problems communicating with contractors and difficulty enforcing productivity. Your company can experience detrimental profit loss from miscommunications and inefficient workflows. Proper mobile field service management helps your contractors feel more connected to your business, ultimately boosting both employee satisfaction and profits.
A contractor team that isn’t on the same page as the rest of your company might struggle to communicate with the rest of your staff and clients or waste time traveling inconvenient distances between job sites. If your field technicians lack the proper forms, records and data to complete a particular job, they’ll ultimately be less productive. Clearly, streamlining communications with your field service personnel is crucial if you operate a field service or construction-related business.
A field-ready subcontractor mobile app like the one from Dataforma can help maximize operational efficiency and prevent profit loss from inefficient communications or unmotivated employees. Mobile field service apps are designed with the needs of contractors, remodelers, electricians, HVAC technicians, plumbers and other field service workers in mind. The capabilities of our general contractor mobile apps will keep you and your staff connected like never before.
At Dataforma, we understand your business and your needs. Forget generic management apps — Dataforma’s mobile app and Core CRM can propel your business to a new level of productivity.
Common Challenges of Managing a Mobile Workforce
If you manage field technicians, you’ve probably hit a few bumps in the road when organizing your mobile workforce. Contract workers work outside a traditional office environment and often have flexible schedules. If your field technicians feel they’re not prepared for a particular job or seem disconnected from the rest of the company, their productivity — and their work quality — will suffer. If you want to retain your top contractors, you should identify the common challenges your business faces with mobile field service management.
Common challenges businesses face when managing a mobile contractor workforce include:
- Lack of communication: Communication is more accessible when everyone is together in the same office. However, the modern workforce is often mobile, with flexible schedules becoming more popular. Even though your contractors are on the go, you still need a united team that works toward the same company goals. When managing a mobile workforce, you should foster a culture of open communication to ensure your employees feel part of the team. Make sure your contractors understand your business’s mission to work toward the same goal.
- Lowered productivity and employee satisfaction: Job satisfaction is crucial to ensure employee productivity. However, you might also struggle with enforcing productivity measures when managing a mobile workforce. Implement an accountability system so employees can give reports on their task progress. Incidents of mismanagement like inefficient travel routes between clients also impact your field service team’s productivity. If you lack the proper GPS technology to plan your contractors’ routes, your team will spend less time working and more time driving between sites.
- Inadequate mobile field service management: Managing a mobile workforce requires the right tools. If you lack the proper mobile field service management tools, you could face lower productivity rates and inconsistent communication with contractors. Mobile field service apps can help you better track and improve communication with your contractors.
How Mobile Field Service Management Can Help
If you’re looking for field service solutions to manage your mobile workforce more effectively, a mobile field service management company can help you develop a coherent system to best organize your contractors.
Mobile field service management comes with various benefits, including:
- Increased visibility: A field service app can help your business track contractors all from one place. Consolidating your mobile field service management systems will help boost workforce visibility for all stakeholders. You can track workers’ locations, productivity and compliance with safety regulations right from the mobile field service app.
- Optimized schedules: Mobile field service apps also help you customize your contractors’ schedules to optimize your workforce. Because contractors often have flexible schedules, you might find scheduling the appropriately skilled worker to the proper task challenging. Field service solutions help you manage your employees and match particular contractors to specific customers’ needs.
- Communication with contractors: Further, you can communicate with your mobile field service workforce more efficiently via a field service app. Contractors might struggle with communication if they feel like they’re isolated. Mobile field service apps streamline communications between contractors, clients and office staff, increasing your entire workforce’s satisfaction and productivity.
Dataforma’s Mobile App
Dataforma offers the most comprehensive mobile applications in the construction industry. Our mobile Service/CRM app provides you with the technology to connect to your project management platform and client database when in the field or from wherever you can access the internet.
With our latest field service mobile app, you’re able to complete inspections and reports for your clients before ever leaving the project.
Dataforma’s mobile CRM with field service app gives contractors the ability to better communicate with field service personnel by equipping them with technology to better serve their clients.
For maximum convenience, we offer mobile software for iPad and iPhone iOS devices and Android operating systems so your technicians can always use their preferred type of device.
Our software, which offers all of the Core CRM capabilities on your phone or tablet, makes everything from complete work history, project contracts and invoices to purchase orders, open bids and proposals available on your choice of web-enabled mobile device.
This provides your technicians with all the data they need at their fingertips, regardless of where they are in the field.
Save Time with our Mobile
Download our iOS App
Download our Android App
Features of our Mobile CRM
Our mobile CRM offers the same capabilities as the Core CRM, including:
• Custom checklists
• Custom inspection report with photos from job site
• Email reports to customer or office from the job site
• Record existing site conditions before and after visits
• Photo upload from Dataforma mobile app
• Standardize the inspection process for your staff
• Save time generating inspection reports
• Tracking of labor hours for projects and service work
• GPS tracker to compare recorded hours vs. actual hours and the daily activity of technicians
• The ability for salesmen to see all of their daily follow-ups and record new correspondence with prospects
Imagine how much more efficient and faster your workflow can become with our field service management app. Not only does it provide checklists and inspection reports that you can customize for each project, but it also enables your field service personnel to be in immediate contact with either the office or the customer from the job site.
With the ability to upload before and after photos directly from the site, there’s never any question about discrepancies. And with a standardized inspection process supported by the right customized forms, you can save valuable time — time that’s better spent working for your customers, not filling out, filing and reconciling forms.
Additionally, the automatic hour-tracking feature enables you, your technicians and your customers to see precisely how many hours your field service personnel worked on each project. Combined with the GPS tracker, you can even see how long your field service personnel spend at any given location.
Finally, with the ability to see all of their new correspondence as well as their daily follow-ups, salesmen can always respond to customers in a timely and professional manner — no matter where they’re located.
Powerful and Secure Business Management Software for iPad, iPhone and Android
Dataforma is a comprehensive web-based mobile CRM that’s scalable so it can meet your business’s needs today and well into the future. It’s simply a must-have for every forward-thinking, growing business. Our software provides a seamless, secure connection between representatives in the field to a core web application and database that stores your data so you can more efficiently and effectively manage your business.
Learn more about how Dataforma keeps your confidential business documents secure by scheduling a free demo today. You can also schedule a demonstration on how to put our mobile roofing, field service and contractor software to work for your business.
Get a Free Demo