Why Using Excel Isn’t Enough in Workforce Management
Optimizing your business performance is essential to managing a successful company. Effective workforce management (WFM) can increase your business’s productivity and foster an efficient work environment.
While Microsoft Excel was a positive solution for WFM in the past, modern technology allows us to take it one step further for quicker, more accurate data and better results.
What Is Workforce Management?
Workforce management helps streamline business processes to optimize productivity. It’s essentially a way to organize who is doing what within your company to ensure you meet your deadlines.
A WFM system can help your business stay organized by keeping track of tasks in progress, the assigned workers and the completion statuses. WFM lets you monitor important projects and decide who to choose for new tasks.
Why Did People Use Excel in Workforce Management Systems?
For years, many small or medium-sized companies have used Microsoft Excel for WFM. Excel offers many tools that make it appealing as a potential WFM solution.
You can use Excel to create or change schedules, visualize project assignments and use formulas to automate complicated calculations. Excel is also generally user-friendly, and it requires little training or preparation to implement in your business.
Why Are Companies Looking Toward Excel Alternatives?
Excel can be an excellent solution for small processes, but ultimately, it limits the growth of your business. As your company grows, you will need to increase the number of tasks and items you track with WFM, which becomes an expensive and complicated task when you have to enter data manually in Excel.
Businesses are seeking Excel alternatives for many reasons, including:
- Human errors: Inputting long lists of data manually increases the risk of mistakes, leading to missed deadlines and costly reparations.
- Labor costs: Removing the manual entry required by Excel frees up the labor costs set aside for this process.
- Time: Businesses can save time and money by automating WFM instead of dedicating staff to enter data in Excel.
- Numbers-based data entry: Excel focuses only on numbers and does not consider additional factors, which can lead to oversights.
Advantages of Using Cloud-Based, Integrated Workforce Management Software
Cloud-based WFM software gives your business many competitive advantages:
- Real-time updates: Get access to instant notifications for crucial projects with automated updates in real time.
- Increased accuracy: Eliminate human error in your WFM through automated processes so that you can immediately make informed decisions based on reliable data.
- Optimized productivity: Simplify your operation costs by eliminating paperwork and completing essential tasks more efficiently.
- Boosted profits: Reduce labor costs by cutting manual data entry and increase profit from enhanced productivity rates.
Contact Dataforma Today for a Complete WFM Solution
Dataforma is your company’s all-in-one workforce management solution. We provide live, in-house training for our WFM software and have a 24/7 helpline for ongoing support. We also offer monthly webinars so your business can make the most of our resources.
Reach out to us online to request a free demo or call us at 866-764-9992 to speak with one of our experts.